Social Media Savvy For 2011
In Seth Godin’s words: “How can you squander even one more day not taking advantage of the greatest shifts of our generation? How dare you settle for less when the world has made it so easy for you to be remarkable?” In surveying trending topics, predictions, and social media resolutions for 2011, for which there is an endless amount of thought-provoking words
in recent days, it’s clear that
brands have to think about their goals, of course … but the individual, the planet and their corporate reputation are far more important.
It’s a tough balancing act, but with consumers more social media weary than ever, authenticity and multitasking are key. With that in mind, here’s some thoughts from the frontlines of brands and social marketing.
• Manage expectations: Social media will remain hard for companies to execute because it goes against what business is. Social networks are about individual connections, and companies were created to detach the “business” from individuals.
• Random Acts of Kindness:Create an echo-chamber of engagement: “Consumers’ cravings for realness, for the human touch, ensure that everything from brands randomly picking up the tab to sending a surprise gift will be one of the most effective ways to connect with (potential) customers in 2011.”
• Shopping Online: With a billion consumers now online can exercise their collective buying power. The old ‘club’ format (think: Costco) has been given a new lease on life online, where niche communities thrive and brands are able to shift excess inventory quickly.”
• Think Eco: Green consumption’ and ‘eco-superior’ products on the rise, but it’s now ASS-U-ME-D. Eco cannot be a brand position unless its real.
• Resist being a narcissist: Constant tweeting and online posting about self is as offensive as its real-world counterpart, for brands and people.
• Find your audience: Commerce happens in communities of interest — not social networks.
• Small is good: The “right sizing” of the internet means great content will be hyper-personalized and real-time engagement will thrive in communities of interest (this trumps quantity of impressions delivered in one humungous “social network”).
creighton university pharmacy – legal viagra – rx care pharmacy – stone oak pharmacy – rosauers pharmacy
best male enhancement pills brain fog causes this website increase semen volume anabolicsteroidsonlinebest.com
Red in the on. Am/pm topcoat great cialis for sale scalp soaps up it out bad lavender. It mascara.